Friday, February 19, 2010

My Choreography!!!

I am finally posting my choreography!! This piece is from a performance at SJSU on December 5, 2009. It is titled "Hippocratic Oath?". The Hippocratic oath is an oath that doctors take when they become practicing doctors:

"I will prescribe regimens for the good of my patients according to my ability and my judgment and never do harm to anyone.

I will not give a lethal drug to anyone if I am asked, nor will I advise such a plan; and similarly I will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion.

But I will preserve the purity of my life and my arts."

However, people are faced by decision or pressures of doctors/Insurance companies to euthanize or end life support. It makes me ask whether this oath still holds true or if it is somehow now void.

This piece seeks to illustrate the dilemma people are faced with when forced to make this type of decision. I hope that it educates people whether they are for or against euthanasia. I feel like no matter what your belief or views are they should be chosen out of education and not out of ignorance. When asked why you are for or against something you should be able to answer why and know what the ramifications of your decisions are.

I hope you enjoy this dance as a visual piece of education as well as a piece of fine art.


1 comment: