Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Afternoon of Techniques and Evening Stirfry

Jewelry
So yesterday afternoon (after my biology exam) I learned a few jewelry making techniques from a dear friend of mine. She taught me how to do wire wrapping and twisting, how to make my own head pins, and how to make a bail. We also went shopping for some beads and things! She bought some materials to make herself a piece (something she has needed to do for a while, after making pretty things for other people you have to stop and make something for your self once in a while). I bought something to go with beads I already had, and I also bought materials for a entirely new piece.

I am very excited, because I am having fun making and designing jewelry, but have lacked confidence in my designing and creating skills. My friend taught me some techniques that I can now work on to perfect, and she also told me that I need to just play around and come up with my own style and personality.

When I got home, I started and finished (yes finished!!) a necklace. I think my designing skills are already improving! And I know my creating techniques are.

Here are pictures of the finished product!!!
I made the chain with silver wire, and he beads are made of Snowflake Obsidian, a semi precious stone that is volcanic glass. I even made my own bail for the pendant!!


Food
In addition to Jewelry making, my husband and I had another wonderful dinner! Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Shrimp-and-Noodle-Stir-Fry-103376
We used yaki soba noodles, added broccoli, and forgot to add the jicama. It was DELICIOUS!!!

And just to let you all know, MY HUSBAND DID THE COOKING!!! Yes, that's right folks, my husband cook occasionally and it's wonderful and yummy. I'm such a lucky wife!

No comments:

Post a Comment